The City and Campania: an on-site art seminar in Naples, Italy, with Giulia Bernardini, May 10-18, 2024
Leave the details to me and relax into a stimulating, enriching, and unforgettable experience – Giulia
- Dive into the under-explored city of Naples and surrounding region of Campania. Feast on world-class museums and sites like the Museo Archeologico Nazionale, Capodimonte, and archeological site of Pompeii; discover Renaissance and Baroque churches bursting with treasure; and sample gastronomic delights from street food vendors to traditional osterie and innovative Michelin-starred restaurants. In addition, spend two days on the beautiful island of Ischia at a beachfront resort and enjoy a cooking class at a farm, take in dramatic views atop the island’s castle, and relax in a stunning garden. Have a peek at the itinerary.
- Stay at the intimate Caruso Place Boutique & Wellness Suites, centrally located on Naples’ bustling via Toledo and spend two nights on the island of Ischia at Hotel Terme Tritone, with its private thermal pools and beach access.
- Enjoy free time with the help of recommended food, shopping, gelato, and further art and cultural destinations all hand-picked for you by Giulia
- Explore optional literary and film recommendations culled by Giulia to expand your understanding of what you’ll see.
- Share the experience with a small, select group of like-minded explorers (maximum of ten people).
Price per person (exchange rate of 1/31/2024, subject to fluctuation):
- Naples Deluxe/Ischia Standard double occupancy (255 sq ft):
$4915$4815 when booked by February 26th
- Naples Deluxe/Ischia Standard single occupancy (255 sq ft):
$5695$5595 when booked by February 26th
- Naples Suite/Ischia Superior double occupancy (385/270 sq ft):
$5404$5304 when booked by February 26th
- Naples Suite/Ischia Superior single occupancy (385/270 sq ft):
$6328$6228 when booked by February 26th
Seminar price includes: 8 days of art history tuition with Giulia and carefully-vetted local guides, accommodations and breakfast, entry tickets to scheduled museums and galleries, Arte Card for visiting scheduled and non-scheduled sites, two aperitivi and six meals (including a cooking class) at local restaurants and a private farm, private chartered buses to Pompeii and Royal Palace of Caserta, ground transportation to and from airport, gratuities. Does not include: airfare, lunches and dinners not listed in itinerary. Seminar itinerary subject to change at any time.
Naples: The City and Campania seminar description:
You are familiar with Rome, Florence, Venice but have you ever spent time in and around Naples? Find out what you’ve been missing! Join Giulia for eight rich, art-, food-, and conversation-filled days, spent discovering sprawling museums filled with sparkling ancient mosaics and lifelike sculptures, glistening oil paintings by high Renaissance and Baroque artists including Caravaggio, Titian, Raphael, Mantegna, Parmigianino and many more. We’ll stroll along streets fronted by 17th-century palazzi and down gritty alleys like open-air galleries filled with street art and graffiti, we’ll eat rum baba and heavenly, light-as-a-feather pizza, and we’ll sip drinks in leafy piazze and verdant island gardens.
Our adventure will focus primarily on the cosmopolitan port city of Naples, where we’ll learn about its ancient and varied, multi-cultural history, starting with the Greeks and Romans, through French Angevins and the Spanish Aragonese, the short-lived, locally-led Republic, and its years as a Bourbon capital in the 18th century. We will walk through maze-like streets lined with artisans and climb up to sprawling monasteries and castles overlooking the Bay and enjoy the vista over and over again, each time dutifully saluting imposing Mount Vesuvius in the background.
A visit to Pompei will help us understand the richness of this land, which we’ll then see reflected in a vineyard where we’ll relax for lunch. And our two-night stay on Ischia will give us a break from the visual, cultural, and gastronomic riches we’ll have been enjoying on the mainland and will help us unwind as we take a cooking class and take in new geographic and geological sights.
Join us for this unique, unforgettable experience. Contact Giulia to book your place and for more information at [email protected] or click on ‘Contact Us’ below.
I look forward to seeing you at the banquet!